Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Quick Responses

Today, I have been looking for some whitepapers offering statistics on automation, crm successes and other smoking guns for the SAAS world. Naturally I looked for CRM companies that offer whitepapers and other resources. Each one that I found required me to fill out a webform to get the pdf. Of four websites, I have already been contacted by two of them. One of them happened within 5 minutes, the other came about 2.5 hours later.

The first company's approach was a follow up to me visiting the website and downloading a whitepaper. He just asked if there was anything more that I was looking for. Of course I said no. The second, however, approached as though I had already read the whitepaper and wanted to answer any questions about that specific whitepaper. Much more effective. I don't know if they delayed the call on purpose but I was able to engage in a more productive conversation with that second company.

If you are looking for more data on response times with web leads click here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It makes sense to adjust your callback time so it is appropriate for the type of lead that is created. It is also interesting that the content of the conversations made a difference for you. This definitely shows that there are different dynamics that need to be considered when trying to perfect your lead response management. Great case study!